- I only accept payment through PayPal. After an order is submitted, services are discussed and finalized, I will send you an invoice. When payment is received and you are up on the waitlist, work will begin.
- By paying the invoice, you agree to all terms.
- If you pay with an e-check, work will not being until payment has cleared.
- I design and install on Bloggers platform.
- I design and install on WordPress, however I always work with premade WordPress themes/framework such as BluChic or Genesis (list not exclusivel).
- My custom WordPress designs are for self-hosted WordPress sites only. You must own your domain as well as purchase hosting.
FONTS, IMAGES AND KITS
- How Sweet Designs is not liable for any photos or design elements provided by clients. You must have permission from a photographer or rights released to use their images.
STOCK ILLUSTRATIONS and DIGITAL KITS
- You will be financially responsible for any illustration and digital kits needed for your design. I will add the cost of those to your invoice and they will need to be paid for before the design process can begin so that I can add them into the design.
TURN AROUND TIME
- Once a design is started it will take on average 3-6 weeks to complete and install depending on the number of edits you make and the length of response times between revisions. I make every effort to work as quickly as possible, but I want to be happy with the design before giving you a proof. I cannot be held responsible if a timeline is exceeded. If you have a specific installation date or timeline you are looking for, please contact me first to make sure I can accommodate that.
- If the timeline is becoming excessive due to lack of response from the client, design can be delayed and moved down on the waitlist. If I don’t hear from you within 7 consecutive days during a design process, your project will be put on hold and you will move back to the waitlist. If I don’t hear from you for 21 consecutive days your project will be considered abandoned, no refund will be given, no design files will be provided.
- We will exchange a variety of emails before I actually start designing so that I can get a clear idea of what it is you would like from the design.
- I include three rounds of edits free of charge on your first draft, and two rounds of edits on your final draft. A round can include multiple edits and must be sent within ONE email. Please take the time to look over your draft and reply with all requested edits in the same email. Sending multiple edits in multiple emails can be confusing and time consuming and may be considered a round of edits, each. If design edits are becoming excessive I will make you aware and we can proceed with a charge of $5 per edit, with a minimum of $25. Payment must be made before additional edits are made.
- If you decide to change any purchased element (kit, graphic, purchased font, theme etc.) of your design in the middle of the process, you will be charged for the price of the new element you choose plus the time already spent on your original design at $30/hour.
- If you specify a WordPress theme during the design process and later request a different theme, you will be charged the cost of that theme if I do not already own it. You will also be charged additional time to customization the new theme at the rate of $30/hour.
- Installation is included with package purchases. For installation to occur I will send instructions on how to make me an admin on your blog. The installation process could take up to two hours for Blogger and four hours for WordPress.
- PLEASE BACK UP YOUR BLOG BEFORE INSTALLATION, I am not responsible for content lost during the installation process.
- Once installation is complete, I would recommend leaving me as an admin for at least 48 hours. During this time please test the design and work with your blog. If any issues arise, please let me know and I will fix them. This time is ONLY for finding and fixing issues with the design and code (links not working, images not aligning, etc.) We will not be making any edits the design itself, those should be completed in the draft process. If you request edits to the design, template, layout or coding, different from what was approved in the final draft, an additional charge may apply at the cost $5 per edit with a minimum of $25. After installation is complete and any bugs are fixed you can remove me from the admin.
- For Blogger Specifically: All images for your design are hosted on my account, it is a private account and you will not have access to it- this is to protect my design work. I am not responsible for missing design elements due to errors with Photobucket, but will make every effort to fix them.
- For WordPress: Installation is a long process because the design will most likely need to be adjusted once your the design is added to your site and filled with your content. You will need to be available during installation to check over the design as well as help with certain elements of installation.
- Please keep in mind that I am first and foremost of full-time mommy and this is my part-time job. I do not guarantee that I will work weekends but might because it’s just plain fun to create these designs. I will create your design during the evenings after bedtime, during naptime, and when my husband is home. I still consider this a priority and love to create for you, however it is not my first priority, as I hope any client that hires me understands. I do not work on holidays and take the entire week before Easter, as well as Christmas Eve through New Years Day off.
REFUNDS or CANCELLATIONS
- Because of the nature of these designs, I do not offer refunds or cancellations. If at any time after the design process has begun I feel I cannot complete your design or we cannot agree because of creative differences, I will issue a refund, minus the cost of digital items purchased and your deposit. A fee for my time may be subtracted from the refund as well, depending on how far along in the process we are. I start designing almost immediately, cancellation on your part will result in forfeit of payment in full. By accepting these terms you agree that no charge-backs will be requested and no refunds will be given, for any reason.
- If you leave a deposit to get on the waitlist and later choose not to move forward with a design, you will forfeit your deposit. It will not be applied to future orders.
GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
- All blogs containing any design by How Sweet Designs including but not limited to headers, buttons, signatures, labels, or backgrounds must contain credit on the site linking back to How Sweet Designs, as well as fonts and the digital kit designers if applicable. I will install a button and link at the bottom of your blog for How Sweet Designs. By accepting these terms and conditions and paying for your design, you agree to keep the link/button on your blog as long as ANY piece of the design is visible. Failure to display credit may result in removal of design elements.
- All designs and code both here and any implemented from How Sweet Designs are property of Stephanie Gimlin and How Sweet Designs and cannot be edited or altered in any way.
- By purchasing a design, you are given the right to display the design on ONE site.
- You do not have the right to edit or alter the design in anyway aside from adding/removing/moving widgets, adjusting fonts and blog posts.
- You may not share, alter or copy any part of the template, design, or HTML code.
- You may not take credit for my designs.
- You may not copy or use pieces of the design on business cards, letterhead, any other printed piece, Twitter, Facebook or any other site- the design is to be used on the blog that I install it on, only.
- Please do not use my images or designs without permission. Print quality logos are available for purchase.
- This site contains affiliate links. Any purchase made through these links may result in a small commission for How Sweet Designs.
- Affiliate links do NOT change my opinion of a product. I will only place an affiliate link on this page that I truly stand behind.
- I cannot be held responsible if you purchase a product through an affiliate link and do not feel the same as I do. It is solely your responsibility to do ALL research about a product referred here before purchase. I will not offer any refunds or compensation on purchases made through affiliate links.
- All opinions on affiliates or resources are my own.
- When installing a WordPress Theme I may also install an affiliate link for the theme used. With this link I may receive a small commission for any item purchased using that link. This will not effect your design in any way. If you do not want this there, please make me aware before installation.
- With WordPress HSD will ask the client to setup a login. After installation it is up the client’s discretion to leave that login and password active for future services, or delete it for security purposes. HSD is not responsible for breaches in site security due to the login provided for installation. HSD is not responsible for maintaining that login and password.
- I am not responsible for fixing errors in coding or design that result from attempts at changing the design, layout, code, or any other element on the blog by ANYONE other than myself- this is against my terms and conditions. If this happens, you will be charged an hourly rate of $50 an hour, with a one hour minimum, to fix your design.
- I reserve the right to refuse service and issue a partial refund if I feel I cannot complete your design as you’d like. If that it is the case, I will let you know.
- Terms and Conditions may change without notice. Pricing may change without notice.
- I reserve the right to re-use blog drafts not chosen during the design process as well as designs that have been removed for a new design. By accepting these terms you give me permissions to use images or link to any part of your custom design for purposes of marketing and advertising for How Sweet Designs.
- I cannot responsible for ANY loss of content during installation, it is your responsibility to back up your blog before installation occurs, including but not limited to posts, content, widgets, and previous design elements.