- How Sweet Designs (“HSD”) is first and foremost a creative endeavor, under taken by me, Stephanie Gimlin (“Designer”) on behalf of you (“Client”) to help create a beautiful site design (“Project”).
- As such, the Client is paying HSD for the creative efforts and services of the Designer, a mother and wife working part-time on the Project. The Project is a creative collaboration between Client and Designer, and takes time, cooperation, and a little bit of luck. We will commit our collaborative understanding to a Scope of Work (“SOW”) that will be our agreed understanding of the Project.
- The nature of such creative work is fluid, and the Client understands and expects that completion timelines will be flexible, that payments will be prompt, and that the Designer will begin working hard to create a thing of beauty under the terms given below.
- For projects under $400 full payment is required in advance.
- For projects over $400, one half of the invoice is due before design work begins. The balance must be paid in full before installation occurs.
- The SOW will be outlined in the invoice. When the invoice is paid, the SOW is mutually agreed.
- All payment to How Sweet Designs must be done through PayPal.
DIGITAL ART AND DESIGN ELEMENTS
- How Sweet Designs is not liable for any photos or design elements provided by the Client.
- Clients are responsible for obtaining and paying for all permissions, rights, and releases for all art, digital kits, and illustrations.
TIMELINES AND COMMUNICATION TURN AROUND TIME
- How Sweet Designs is committed to your satisfaction. Every effort will be made to complete all work in a timely manner. If a specific completion date is desired, it must be listed, and agreed to in the SOW.
- Design is an artistic process. The Designer will not send a proof to meet a timeline unless the proof fully represents the designers best work.
- Client edits or lack of response may adversely affect completion times.
- within 7 calendar days, no further work will be completed on the project until a response is received.
- after 21 calendar days, the project will be considered abandoned and the contract breached. No refund will be given and all work associated with the project will remain the sole property of How Sweet Designs. Nothing will be provided to the client.
- The Designer will exchange several emails with Client to determine an accurate understanding of the Client’s desire, which will be expressed in the SOW.
- After a first draft is created, three rounds of edits will be included free of charge.
- A “draft” is the Designer’s first attempt at completing the agreed-to SOW.
- A “round” is one (1) email from the Client to the Designer that includes edits to the draft, requested by the Client, to clarify and modify the draft in order to better interpret the Client’s desires in the SOW.
- After a second draft is created, two rounds of edits will be included free of charge.
- Any edits outside of the total of five (5) rounds outlined above may be completed by agreement of the Designer, and will be charged at a rate of $5 per edit. No additional edits will be completed without explicit written agreement of the edits and associated costs between Client and Designer.
- If the Client decides to change any purchased design element (kit, graphic, purchased font, theme, etc) after the SOW has been agreed-to, the Client will be responsible for the cost of the new element.
- The time associated with any customization of the new design element will incur an additional charge of $50/hr.
- Installation is included with package purchases.
- PLEASE BACK UP YOUR SITE BEFORE INSTALLATION, HSD is not responsible for content lost during the installation process.
- Following installation the Designer will allow 48 hours (excluding weekends) for issues with the design or code to be addressed. It is the Client’s responsibility to test all elements on the site to insure everything is working properly. If design edits are requested beyond what was approved in the final draft, or after the 48 hours grace period, an additional charge may apply at the cost $50/hour with a one (1) hour minimum charge.
- If the Client’s site is hosted on Blogger, all images will be hosted on HSD’s account. HSD is not responsible for missing content resulting in errors from external hosting accounts.
- If the Clients’s site is self-hosted with WordPress software, the day of installation will be agreed upon and the Client will need to be available for contact throughout installation. HSD will request to put the Client’s site in maintenance mode. If the Client prefers to leave the site live during installation, it is understood that the site can be viewed during installation and may not look good or work properly until installation is complete.
- HSD is not responsible and cannot be held liable for loss of ad revenue or affiliate revenue that may result from down time during the installation process. It is up to the Client and ad/affiliate service to restore ads and affiliate links after installation.
- The Designer works part-time, M-F.
- HSD’s is closed holidays and the entire week before Easter, as well as Christmas Eve through New Years Day.
REFUNDS OR CANCELLATIONS
- If work is cancelled at the client’s request, no refunds will be given.
- If work is cancelled at HSD’s request, a partial refund will be provided for work not yet completed. Time, materials, supplies and all other purchases completed by HSD will be subtracted from any potential refund. No exceptions.
- HSD does not offer refunds after work has been completed, for any reason. No exceptions.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
- All sites containing any design or design element by How Sweet Designs must contain credit on the site linking back to How Sweet Designs
- By accepting these terms, Client gives HSD the permission to use images or links to any part of Client’s custom design for purposes of marketing and advertising for How Sweet Designs.
- Everything designed, created, purchased, or included in the SOW, as part of the Project is property of HSD and the Designer. As such it may not be edited, copied, altered, shared, sold, repurposed, modified or used in any way without the express written consent of HSD and the Designer.
- The same terms apply to everything on the HSD website.
- You break it, you pay for it. Any errors not resulting from the Designer’s direct work may be fixed, at the Designer’s sole discretion, at a rate of $50/hr, with a one (1) hour minimum charge.
- HSD and the Designer reserves the right to refuse service and issue a partial refund if the Designer feels she cannot complete your design as you’d like. If that it is the case, you will be notified.
- Terms and Conditions may change without notice. Pricing may change without notice.
- HSD reserves the right to re-use blog drafts not chosen during the design process as well as designs that have been removed for a new design.
- HSD and the Designer are not responsible for ANY loss of content during installation. It is the Client’s responsibility to complete a full backup of the site before installation occurs.
- When paying an invoice the Client agrees to these terms. No exceptions.
SITE MAINTENANCE (WORDPRESS)
WordPress sites are self-hosted, self-maintained, and owned by the Client. Clients are free to add and remove plugins, widgets, and content as they please. Because HSD does not oversee the site after design installation is complete, the Client is responsible for maintaining their site, including but not limited to updating plugins, themes, framework, and the core WordPress software. The Client is responsible for any and all issues that may occur with their site after installation is complete. If an issue comes up that the client would like assistance with, HSD offers follow-up services at an hourly fee of $50 with a one hour minimum.